Thursday, June 4, 2009

Rest in peace, grasshopper

There weren't many TV shows my Dad would sit through. This Old House and the occasional NOVA documentary were about it.

I remember one time he threw out his back and had to spend a week on the couch. He'd suddely start bellowing for help with such agony in his voice, you expected to find him all seized up and eyeballs rolled back when you came to his aid.

Worse.


Somebody moved the remote out of his reach and Three's Company was starting. Trashy TV was the worst kind of torture for Dad.

But Kung Fu was cool. I think it's nostalgic - Dad claims they let him watch Kung Fu movies for fun when he was a missionary in Singapore.


I only remember the opening sequence to the show where a young David Carradine pretending to be Asian, uses mind over matter to pick up a scalding cauldron with the inside of his wrists.

So long, Kung Fu.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great memory you have! I wondered if any of you kiddies remembered ffr interest in David Carradine! Should of known it would be you.
love you