At this moment, there is a train wreck on top of my head.
It's my own fault for being so cheap and impatient. I got tired of seeing the gray hair and picked up a box of "dark brown" on sale while grocery shopping. It turned out more black than brown, which is a dumb color to go at the start of summer.
Then I decided it was time to get a trim, since the humidity makes my hair go nuts and a good cut can help control the frizz. When I decide it's time to get a hair cut, I need to have one NOW. This is why I go to Great Clips (and the $12 price tag). I found a stylist that's done okay for me the last few times. But she always takes off a little more than I want, so I don't know why I thought this time would be any different.
It wasn't. But combined with the sudden humidity of summer, it was a disaster. Now I had weirdly black hair sticking up at all angles in a weird shape that's too short in the back and too long in odd places. I considered going back for a different style, but knew I'd just walk away with even less hair.
Nothing ruins a girl's mood like really bad hair. I moped for a few days and tried every hair product in my arsenal before deciding (again spur of the moment) to use a relaxer. Again, while grocery shopping I picked up the one industrial strength relaxer I knew would work without melting my hair. I was careful to get exactly the brand I'd used before with good success - though it cost a few bucks more.
By this point I was feeling pretty confident I'd soon be out of the bad-hair blues.
All I got was a bad haircut that now just lies limp rather than sticks up. It's different, but not an improvement.
And the worst part is my hair grows like a snail in molasses. It's going to be a long, long summer of terrible, no-good, very bad hair days.
4 comments:
Hey Julie, Just heard your story on Sanford. That was you right?! Go Julie!
yes. that was me. lovely that the whole world gets to hear me talking about another lame pol who can't be faithful.
That is a bummer about your hair. I feel for you as I have had many a bad hair cuts. I hear scarfs are very fashionable. :-)
scarves and hats are great in the winter. but not when it's 100 degrees and 90 percent humid outside. in fact, i'd be able to get by with this 'do if i could flat iron it and then have it stay that way. but i go outside and sweat and then it gets wiggy without getting curly. i'm an idiot!
Post a Comment