What goes with tuna?
The experts say food tastes better when it’s paired well - like chocolate and cinnamon. Or chocolate and chili. Or chocolate and anything, in my book. Left to my own judgment, I’m not so good at pairing. It's why salad bars never turn out very well for me - I can’t pass on a topping I like and end up with something only barely edible like olives, cheddar cheese, eggs, tomatoes, carrots, cottage cheese and jello on a bed of spinach and iceberg lettuce, drenched in raspberry vinaigrette. (Apologies to my pregnant, nauseous sister.)
Lately, though, I've noticed a couple of combinations that constitute a major part of my diet. Since they're rather tasty, allow me to share.
- Diet Coke and sweet, raw carrots.
- Diet Mountain Dew with salted peanuts.
- Ginger tea and a peanut butter sandwich.
I know, I know. I should start a restaurant and share my culinary genius with the world. Soon as I win a Pulitzer and have a couple kids, I'll get right on that.
3 comments:
A blast from our past for you - last week I made a tuna noodle mixed vegetable casserole for FFR and I! It was sooo yummy and reminded me of the good ole nickle and dime days of 195 N! Not sure any of you kids would of partaken since your taste buds have matured beyond the more common (cheap) meals of your youth.
I crave spam and cheese pancakes, so clearly I've not matured that much. Did the tuna casserole have cornflakes on top? Yum!
Tortilla chips was the topping which was just about as good as cornflakes. I can eat spam in a pancake if I don't think about what I'm actually eating!
Sure love you
Post a Comment