Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A White Wednesday

Woke up to 19 degrees and a dusting of snow that blew off the windshield as soon as I hit the gas. All the schools shut down for the day and the kids were throwing muddy snowballs in their yards (they don't see snow enough to know that some of it is too dry to make a snowball, I guess). Check out this photo in the Charlotte Observer. . . who told this girl that half an inch was enough to sled on?

Driving to work I got stuck behind a man in huge pick 4-wheel-drive pick-up that would have been fine in two-feet of powder, but was going 45 mph on the freeway with nothing but salt to worry about. The roads were completely clear and he was clogging up traffic in that beast of a vehicle acting all paranoid about "the big storm."

Southeasterners are a bunch of snow sissies. But as long as they don't slow my commute, I'm willing to bite my tongue and let 'em have their snow day.

No comments: