George Clooney is in town tonight for a premiere of his new movie Leatherheads. Renee Zellweger's supposed to be here too, but I'm not huge fan of hers. I'd be very excited if John Krasinksi (or whatever his name is - you know, Jim from The Office) were here. Apparently they filmed most of the movie in North Carolina, so we're getting special treatment.
Kinda like the special treatment Utah gets from hordes of pre-pubescent girls on the verge of fainting at the prospect of walking where Zach and Vanessa did. (All three High School Musical movies were/are being filmed in my home state.) I once saw an 8-year-old girl with the biggest hair this side of Texas sing and dance a number from the movie down the entire length of the entrance to East High in Salt Lake City. A capella. It's a very long sidewalk. Her mom and dance teacher videotaped the whole thing. I was mortified for the poor girl.
Then again, I'm the nerd that posed in a scarf and sunglasses at the base of Sacre Coeur in Paris a la Amelie, so who am I to talk?
I'm not at the premiere gawking at George, tonight. I'm babysitting for a couple who went to the premiere to gawk at George. Yeah, for a brief time I thought about guilt-tripping them into giving me the tickets instead.
But their kids are really cute and I could use the karma.
2 comments:
"Then again, I'm the nerd that posed in a scarf and sunglasses at the base of Sacre Coeur in Paris a la Amelie, so who am I to talk?"
ok, you can't lead us on like that. post a picture!
melanie
i don't know if i have that picture still. it's embarrassing. but i'll look and see. :)
Post a Comment