I'm getting too old for concerts that start at 10 p.m. Definitely too old for those shows during the week. But it's Friday and a local venue has three indie bands with some pretty good buzz. Nicole Atkins has a lovely voice:
I'm determined to go to the show tonight, though it's 8 p.m. now and I'm feeling more inclined to read my book in bed. Doing laundry, surfing the web and trying to stay awake until it's time to head out. I know I'll love it when I get there - live music always does something for me. Kind of hoping if I post this online I'll feel like there's no backing out. I'm not ready to be the old lady who stays home on Friday night because she's "too tired" to do otherwise.
Okay, I'm that lady most of the time. But let's just say I'm not ready to be that lady all of the time.
UPDATE: Show was sold out. Turns out the lovely Nicole went to college in Charlotte and has a lot of friends here. Plus, the venue is so small they store the extra beer in boxes piled up in front of the soundboard. Unsightly, but not a bad place to sit and enjoy the show. I hung around the gate murmuring "Got an extra ticket?" to everyone who passed by. Scored one in less than 15 minutes. Totally worth it, even though the show didn't start until 10:45 p.m. and I yawned the entire time.
P.S. to my indie music pals - Both Nicole Atkins and The Parlor Mob are worth a listen.
No comments:
Post a Comment