



A $30 webcam, a fast internet connection and some free Skype software are creating hours upon hours of fun! Thanks to the miracles of technology, my nieces and nephews are gonna know who I am next time I visit. I'll know all about the latest Transformer toys, hair cuts and baby teeth.
Last night I logged on and spoke face-to-face with a friend I haven't seen in far too many years. So cool! I know webcams have been around for like 20 years now, but only now do I have a compelling reason to get with the party. I've now met ny new baby niece - the one inconveniently born two days after I moved across the country. She probably doesn't remember the meeting, since I was just a disembodied head/voice and she didn't seem that certain she knew what was going on. But if we keep the webcamming up, I'll be her favorite aunt in no time!So this is my big sales pitch to all of you reading this blog. Get a webcam, download Skype and email me so I can tell you my user name. We'll have so much fun! And for you Appleheads out there, you've got a camera built into the laptop, so you've got no excuse!
Viva technology!
1 comment:
But I email in the nude!
Post a Comment