Saturday, February 16, 2008

"I believe the children are our future. . . "

I've been listening to this voice message over and over for the past 15 minutes. It's from my very sweet nephew. It makes me giggle, and my cheeks are aching from smiling. Being an aunt is the best! And I think you'll agree this is one VERY well-trained five year old:

Listen here

Here's the transcript, in case you missed any of it:

Hi Julie, this is Colby.
I was just wondering . . . and thank you for stuff that you’ve done . . . and please bless. . . . and thank you. . . . . thank you that . . . and I love you. And thank you and you can be nice to us. Bye. From Colby.

I'm sure it threw him off when he got my voice mail instead of me. Leaving a voice message really isn't that much different than saying a prayer, if you think about it. Both can be a little awkward and seem one-sided. It's no wonder he got befuddled. But the sentiment is absolutely adorable. So thanks for making my day, Colby!

As for the whole slipping-into-prayer phenomenon, this lady from a Utah radio station takes the cake. I heard she was maybe a sick and taking cough medicine. Whatever her excuse, it's good for a very big laugh:

Listen here

4 comments:

brandi (and tim) said...

That's really funny. How old is your nephew?

~b

brandi (and tim) said...

Okay, so I just listened to the radio station one - Are you serious?! Did that really happen?? Classic.

~b

Julie said...

Colby is five and adorable, just like Paisely. And that radio thing - it's unbelievable and true. One of the radio highlights of the century, if you ask me!

brandi (and tim) said...

He sounds adorable...and I bet he gives good prayers. That poor, poor woman, how embarrassing!

~b