I've been feeling so cocky about my humidity-tolerance this summer. It's been nothing like the misery I experience last summer when I could barely sleep at night and never wanted to leave the house. Lately I've been convinced I've just acclimated to the weather - that I'm tougher. And it's true I don't think about it constantly when I'm outside. Last year a variation on the phrase "This humidity stinks I miss the desert air" was on a constant loop in my brain.
But I recently heard that temperatures are cooler around the globe this year - something related to global warming, but in reverse. I don't get it. And I really don't think it's been that much cooler here. But several locals have insisted it's the case. I guess they should know. And here I thought I was on the verge of getting my credentials as a real Southerner.
That would mean liking fried chicken though. And while I can gulp down collard greens if they've got enough butter, I CANNOT stomach slurping greasy shreds of skin and meat off slippery chicken bones.
1 comment:
It's been cooler here as well this summer. Not complaining either. I do like fried chicken - fingers. I don't fight bones or skin for my meat!
Post a Comment