Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Crafty

When I got the assignment to organize activities for a bunch of 8-11 year old girls every few weeks I thought it sounded fun. Then I heard the words "craft project."

I'm not really good at crafts. I can sorta kinda copy things I see other people do, as long as it doesn't require intense creativity or drawing skills. Luckily t
he girls don't have really high expectations so most of our crafts are pretty straightforward. I'm proud of how cute tonight's turned out. Especially since I had no instructions or photos to follow. We had a discussion about the meaning of our names and the importance of living up to our family names. . . integrity, honesty, etc. Then we did this.


Would Martha Stewart be proud, or what?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! I've always considered you crafty. Maybe you don't feel crafty but I think you are!

Annie said...

So cute Julie! Maybe it is time you got a subscription to a crafty magazine? I mean, the rest of us have caved and done it. :)

Julie said...

Rag baskets. That was my one and only craft obsession. Remember? Spending all my pocket change on ragbasket supplies at Provo Craft when I was 11? Weird. The trouble with craft mags is that I'll want to do the stuff and then I won't have any place to store it in my very, very tiny apt.