Saturday, July 5, 2008

Expensive, but worth it.


I'm talking about the haircut. . . not me. I was a certified bargain at McGuire Air Force Base Hospital. $28 and change. Mom and Dad saved the receipt as proof.

This haircut cost significantly more, but since I only get them once every 5 or 6 months, I don't mind. In between high-priced salon cuts, I let the flunkies at SuperCuts or GreatClips trim the ends. That just makes the salon experience more of a treat, with nice-smelling shampoo and floors that look like they've been swept just last hour, rather than last month.

However, Clarissa at the the salon seemed fixated on my gray hair and how there's no reason to have gray hair at my age and wouldn't I like to schedule an appointment for a very expensive color and highlight? I've noticed the gray sprouting more prodigiously through my bangs in the last few years, but kind of thought it wasn't that noticeable. Can't see them in the pic, can you? Even if you could, I sort of think they make me look mature and that's helpful in my line of work.

Clarissa got to me, though. It's been a few years since I colored my hair. I've done all shades of red, black, purple and various highlights too. When I save up enough money - and it grows out enough to merit another expensive cut - I'm thinking maybe I'll go with just a nice, dark chestnut color. Nothing dramatic. Just enough to cover the gray.

2 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

I think you look HOT! I love the -do!

Anonymous said...

It looks terrific! Hey, just go with box from the grocery! At your age you can get away with it and you don't a 90 dollar color.your boy Lyle will love it! Love ya