I rarely ever cry in church meetings or watching sappy movies. Just ask my mom. But today in church, the president of the local mission was giving the women a lesson on how to share our testimonies and beliefs with friends and people we meet. I've heard it a million times before, so no real reason to get all mushy-eyed. He played a training video the LDS Church uses now to train missionaries. It was documentary-style and seemed pretty unscripted. They followed some sisters around to a meeting with some members of the church and there was lots of cheesy spiritual music running underneath. But suddenly - seriously out of nowhere - I started crying. Suppressing sobs, in fact.
It was completely weird. I have no idea if I was nostalgic with flashbacks to my own missionary experience. Or if the Spirit was trying to send me a message about the need to be a little more open with people about my religious beliefs. Or maybe I was just tired. Whatever it was, it completely surprised me without a tissue. Strange. Certainly fodder for reflection.
No comments:
Post a Comment