The neighborhood kids I tutored back in the Bay Area were always eating candy dipped in chili powder. It's a Latino food thing and they seemed to like it a lot. I balked and chalked it up to a cultural difference. Give me my chili with meat and beans, thank you.
But then that yummy film Chocolat came out. Okay, Johnny Depp was the yummiest part of the movie, but those chocolates with cayenne pepper did sound intriguing. Now they've en vogue at gourmet chocolatiers. And they're good. But they're nothing like the sticky sweet heat of a mango in chile. Trust me.
2 comments:
I sure love you! You find so much fun in life! Any mangos covered in chocolate that you found?
mangoes in chocolate - that's easy. how about soybeans covered in chocolate? or candied ginger in dark chocolate? trader joes is the best!
Post a Comment