The best part about Valentine's Day is the seasonal candy. Why on earth don't they sell cherry ju-ju hearts year-round? I have to stockpile them for that inevitable hankering that comes along in July. And the closest thing I've found to cinnamon bears in the South (they don't exist here, it's a travesty!) is the cinnamon hearts sold at Valentine's. They're more like cinnamon gum drops than cinnamon bears, but they do the trick in a pinch. I never realized how seasonal - and regional - candy could be. . . and how that could really mess with my sugar addictions.Welcome to my blog. Nothing too serious here. Just friendly updates and ramblings on life. NPR, accordions, French films and family are a few of my favorite things.
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
I Heart Candy
The best part about Valentine's Day is the seasonal candy. Why on earth don't they sell cherry ju-ju hearts year-round? I have to stockpile them for that inevitable hankering that comes along in July. And the closest thing I've found to cinnamon bears in the South (they don't exist here, it's a travesty!) is the cinnamon hearts sold at Valentine's. They're more like cinnamon gum drops than cinnamon bears, but they do the trick in a pinch. I never realized how seasonal - and regional - candy could be. . . and how that could really mess with my sugar addictions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment