It's been 60 degrees all weekend and I'm sure in the scheme of things that's bad news for Spring and Summer weather forecasts. But it's great news for my wardrobe. I found this darling vintage dress at the thrift store a few weeks ago and figured I'd have to settle for admiring it in my closet until Spring sprung. Mother Nature must have been just as eager for me to wear it, though, and today's mild weather proved the perfect opportunity. This picture doesn't do it justice - the whole dress is a gauzy viscose, sheer black with pearly buttons on top and flowy off-white printed with delicate black flowers on the skirt. Dresses in this style make me so happy - especially when they cost $5.99 at the second-hand store!Welcome to my blog. Nothing too serious here. Just friendly updates and ramblings on life. NPR, accordions, French films and family are a few of my favorite things.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
The dress makes the day
It's been 60 degrees all weekend and I'm sure in the scheme of things that's bad news for Spring and Summer weather forecasts. But it's great news for my wardrobe. I found this darling vintage dress at the thrift store a few weeks ago and figured I'd have to settle for admiring it in my closet until Spring sprung. Mother Nature must have been just as eager for me to wear it, though, and today's mild weather proved the perfect opportunity. This picture doesn't do it justice - the whole dress is a gauzy viscose, sheer black with pearly buttons on top and flowy off-white printed with delicate black flowers on the skirt. Dresses in this style make me so happy - especially when they cost $5.99 at the second-hand store!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It is cuter than you described! And so great that it got to come out of the closet in January!
now that is a super cute picture!
Post a Comment