Monday, August 16, 2010

Spoiled, but not bratty (I hope!)

I got a pile of cards - lots of them handmade! - last week for my birthday. And stuff in the mail? Boy did I ever get that!

These pretty little pictures that are so colorful they'll be perfect on my walls.


Killer cupcakes that I'm still dreaming about. And enough cinnamon bears to last me at least a week (why oh why are there no cinnamon bears for sale in the south?!). The mix-tape and microphone pillowcases are just plain awesome. And my Mom sent me the "Jane Seymour" anti-wrinkle stuff. No subtle message there . . . yes, I'm now closer to 40 than 30.


Plus, I came home from a long day at work to find my door covered in handmade cards and hearts from some really darling children and their mothers from church.


I also got dinner and movie, which was a lovely treat.
I never tell anyone about my birthday and hate to make a deal of it - mainly because that way I feel less guilty forgetting other people's birthdays. So all the little treats and things were special because I wasn't expecting a thing!

4 comments:

The House of Haston said...

I'm a terrible sister but I blame mom cause she usually calls to remind me of such things. Hope u can't forgive me! Luv u Sis.

jen said...

Oh. My. Goodness.

I am a horrible, horrible person!!!!!!!!! I can't believe I missed your birthday! I don't know what to say, except that I'm so sorry. SO sorry. Heartbroken.

I hope your day was a good one. And I won't make this stupid mistake again. I love JR. And I hope you can forgive me. I'm so sorry.

Anonymous said...

You deserved all of the thoughtfulness and infinitely more!

Julie said...

All you "please forgive me" guilt-mongers need to relax. I don't make a deal of my birthday because that gives me a free pass to forget yours someday - which I guarantee I will do. So PLEASE don't give it another thought! My birthday was perfect and you were part of it because you are part of my life. Love you all!