Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Parks and Recreation

The previews for this new sitcom from the makers of The Office send me into hysterics. But I'm not entirely sure how funny the general viewing public will find an ironic comedy about a low-level town bureaucrat. (I'm also surprised that Amy Poehler of SNL's Weekend Update and Baby Mama would chose this character for her TV debut. But she nails it in the previews!)

Having dealt with quite a few city bureaucrats, I find the show's concept genius in the same cringe-worthy way I can't stop watching The Office. Take a peek:





Of course, that means I have one more show I'll now have to spend the weekends catching up with online. (In addition to Dancing with the Stars, The Unit, The Mentalist, House, Bones and the new show Kings which my sister Liz turned me onto this week. I don't even have cable and it's clear I watch more TV than any person should.)

2 comments:

The House of Haston said...

OMG! julie we have so much in common it scares me. I dont have t.v/cable either so i watch all the shows on the weekends on the computer also! almost exactly the same shows as you except the Unit. couldnt get into that one. But, i'be been watching Kings from the beginning and LOVE it! love you too babe.

Julie said...

Love you! Miss you! Lizzie told me about Kings and I watched the whole thing straight through in one sitting online.