Someone ordered up the perfect weather for my grandma's birthday. Sunshine, low humidity, 85 degrees. Of course, that was here in Charlotte. My grandma's celebrating with her toes in the Hawaiian sand at a resort up the road from where she lives. Just because you're a full-time resident of paradise doesn't mean you can't have a resort weekend once in a while!
If I showed up on my grandma's door right now, I can picture exactly how she'd react. When she gets a happy surprise, her face lights up in the most delightful way and her voice gets kind of high and wobbly. Then she'd throw her arms open and clap twice quickly the way you'd beckon a favorite puppy or toddler taking her first steps. I'd have no choice but to obey and then marvel at how strong and safe it feels to have her skinny little arms around me.
Thanks for blessing my life for another year, Grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment