Monday, April 27, 2009

Nothin' but NICE

For three days we've had perfect weather. Blue skies, sunshine, mid-80s. All weekend people were cleaning their garages, planting their gardens, mowing the lawns. I waited 20 minutes at a do-it-yourself car wash. Then I decided to get in on the garden thing - though I'm not sure you can call two planters a garden.

What
do you call something smaller than a garden but not a flowerpot either? I have cilantro, basil and a yellow pepper plant. . . just because none of the other herbs looked interesting and I figured I'd give peppers a try. I went back the next day for the bigger pot and three little cherry tomato plants.

It's been a few years since I tried the tomato thing. I spend so much money on cherry tomatoes at the store each week, it certainly can't hurt to try growing them.

My past attempts have been lackluster, but this is a new climate where things grow best when ignored. We'll see if it can counteract my black thumbs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Perfect big pot for tomatoes. I am a convert to pot planting for toms and peppers. I have 5 in the back yard for vegs and 2 for flowers.