Saturday, March 28, 2009

Better off with a rabbit's foot

Each time I go with the missionaries to an appointment, they get stood up.

When I was a missionary in France, we called it fait le lapin, which means literally "act like a rabbit." People would say they wanted us to come by and visit, we'd make an appointment, follow-up by phone and then trek out there to discover them missing or hiding out in the back room with the lights off. Come to think of it, maybe that's why a rabbit's foot is a good luck charm? Minus a paw, the little creature'd have a harder time scurrying out of reach!

If this unlucky streak continues, I imagine one of two things will happen:

a. The missionaries will stop inviting me.
b. I'll develop a complex about my inadequate faith.

And you probably don't want me along on a trip to Vegas.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I want you along to Vegas. I have been thinking about how fun a little trip there would be! Yes?

Julie said...

Not only would I be bad luck for you, but I'd be a party pooper too because I hate Vegas. You'd have to drop me at the In-N-Out and come back for me at the end of the trip because that's the only place I can even tolerate in Sin City. Sorry.