Thursday, March 5, 2009

How Being Sick is Making Me Dumb


This morning on the treadmill, I learned how GPS works. (Thank you PBS!)

I probably should have already known how GPS works, but there seems to be a gaping hole in my brain where all the science I learned in school was meant to be stored. I'm thinking it disappeared along with the two tons of brain matter and mucus I’ve blown out my nose during this current cold.


P.S. To all the eager state lawmakers out there trying to ban cell phones and texting while driving, add nose-blowing to your list, because boy is it dangerous when you’re going 75 mph behind the wheel!


P.S.S. If you want to learn how GPS works from the same wooden NASA scientist who taught me, click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you will be more interested in allowing ffr and I to procure one for you in August!

Jamie said...

I agree with the nose blowing. I was a danger to everyone around me last week because I refused to let it run.
I also was almost run over this afternoon by someone blowing their nose...karma.