Saturday, October 25, 2008

Once Again, In Over My Head

Hanging wallpaper is not for the faint . . . and I'm in serious need of smelling salts. It took me TWO HOURS to put up that very, very small amount of wallpaper you see below. The stuff between the counter and the cabinets. It's great paper - mom helped me pick it out. And you wouldn't think it would be that complicated to put it up there - just wet it and unroll, it right.

Sheesh. I messed up so many times that I didn't have enough left to hang above the cabinets. I don't think I would have even tried, frankly. I went with paint instead, but of course, I think I went too dark. So now I'm hatching a plan to add some gold pinstripes to lighten it up and tie into the wallpaper below.

Turned into an all-day affair and it's still a work in progress. Hopefully I'll be semi-satisfied when it's all said and done.



5 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

I think that is super cool paper! I like it!

Jamie said...

That is awesome paper! I am happy you went bold. Love it!

Anonymous said...

I think it is terrific! Even the color above the cabinets. Live with it for a while and then lighten it a bit maybe. You could place some fake ivy plants up there to dress it up! I think u did womderful.

Tonia Conger said...

you've done a lot to your house. you are more moved in than I am and I've almost been in my house 2 years. cute paper.

Rose Garden said...

It looks awesome. You Roses are all so so creative and stylish.