It was great fun and a pretty special show since they'll never again play the same songs in the same order with the same quirky Lyle-isms in between. Big hugs to my siblings for the ticket!
After the encore, I hustled out of the theater, though, because it was past 10 p.m. and I was due at work this morning at 4:15 a.m.
I guess I should have expected a little drama. Something strange usually happens when I go to a Lyle show: I fall and bloody my legs or get locked out of the car or lose a ticket or something. Not even bad karma can stand in my way when Lyle Lovett comes to town. But last night took the cake.
The garage where I parked my car was locked. Big metal gate blocking the entrance. It was only 10:15 p.m. but apparently it shut at 9 p.m. Though the only sign mentioning this was on the outside of the door only visible coming into the garage on foot from the street. Convenient to have that important little detail posted somewhere it will only be seen after it's too late, no? Even better, the sign said I could call a number and have them let me out for $35, but nobody answered the phone.
Finally, I gave up and hailed a cab home. Then I arranged for the same driver to come back a few hours later (3:50 a.m.) and drive me the 20-minute distance to work. (Expensive!) The cabbie was nice, though. And with the help of a few Diet Mountain Dews I made it through my work shift before taking the bus back downtown to get my car.
The last ironic twist - when I drove out of the parking garage, the attendant's booth was empty and the arm was up. At least I didn't have to pay for the privilege of having my car locked up over night!
If I were Lyle, I bet I could write a pretty good song about that.
1 comment:
Wow what Fantastic seats! It looks and sounds like you had a fabulous time. Sorry about the car fiasco but it certainly adds to the story.
Post a Comment