Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sail Away With Me

I'm daydreaming about this thing called Cayamo. It's a music cruise through the Caribbean with performances all day and night. The lineup is pretty nice - mellow folksy stuff. But LYLE LOVETT is going to be on this cruise. He'll be captive! That's seven days in which I might possibly bump into him sipping soda on the pool deck or ordering off the deli menu or gorging at the midnight buffet. Cruises don't really float my boat, in general. The one I've been on was fine - mostly about the food, of which there are inordinate amounts on these cruises. Aside from a weight-gain device, I find them an otherwise pretty boring way to see the world.

But this Cayamo thing. . . this wouldn't be about seeing the world. It'd be about hearing good music and spending seven days trying to bump into Lyle Lovett on his pony on a boat.

5 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

HOLY COW! That looks like FUN! I checked out the website and pricing. That is super tempting...I could justify it - right?

Julie said...

Hey, if Corey can spend money on the ironman, you can come on a cruise with me! We'd get to see Brandi Carlisle again!

jen said...

Edie's gonna be there, too.

Annie said...

Liz called me first thing this morning to discuss this cruise thing! I think you should do it--together! Liz would be the perfect cruise mate and this could be your chance at Lyle love Julie!!!

Julie said...

Edie is the one who put me onto this cruise. She mentioned seeing Lyle eating cake near the stairwell and I went straight home to check out the prices!