At this moment there are several dozen attractive young single people partying just outside my patio. Some live in the building. Many don't. There is pizza and lots of beer and some kind of drinking game that entails aiming a ping pong ball at a row of cups full of beer on the other end of the table. If the ball lands in the cup, your opponent has to drink it. I'm not sure how you win, because for at least an hour the same guy has been playing against a rotating cast of attractive blondes. He looks like Ryan Gosling.
Two of my neighbors are throwing this party - they invited me multiple times this afternoon, so I made a valiant efforts. Met a few very nice people, but couldn't really muster the energy to wander around for long, introducing myself to attractive stranger after stranger and trying desperately to remember their names.
The girl upstairs who's co-hosting the shindig has been renting here for 3 years. Remember how I said this is a big complex full of single people and their dogs? My assessment was accurate. Her exact words:
"This is Melrose Place."
What did I tell you?
4 comments:
NICE! You struck gold! Melrose Place is one of the best shows that has ever been on TV! Right next to 90210!
Perfect for TV. Not for my reality.
That's a great place, and I love all of your "old" accessories. The brown paint in the bathroom doesn't look bad on the video. It must be a different color in person. Very cute! Except maybe that kitchen. ;-)
I was mostly kidding, well except for maybe 90210 - long live Brenda and Dylan!
Post a Comment