Sunday, April 29, 2012

Feels like going home


It's been 10 years since I left the Bay Area, but it still feels a little like home. I went for a visit last week to see an old friend get married and see others I haven't spoken with face-to-face in years.

First I stopped in Fresno to see my dear friend Camie, meet her cute kids and chat with her cool husband and watch the most amazing live bird show I've ever seen (at the Fresno Zoo of all places!)



Rode in a 35-seat prop plane from Fresno to San Francisco. The propeller made this crazy shadow effect when I snapped a photo out the window. It always makes me happy to see mountain ranges. The South is just trees, trees and more trees (plus bugs). 


My day in San Francisco was one of the most sunny and warm I've ever experienced. Typically it's chilly and overcast in SF. I got a sunburn. Here's the Bay Bridge - less famous than the Golden Gate, but still majestic enough to make my heart flutter.


Took off my shoes and walked along the beach to the Golden Gate bridge.




Good old Kurt just about to get married! 


The ceremony was a full Catholic mass in the Santa Clara University Mission. Really lovely. I had the honor of doing one of the readings . . . verses from Genesis. "Be fertile and multpily."


Kurt and Carmen and me with some really bad hair.

No comments: