Monday, May 21, 2012

Important Updates

1. I replaced the carpet in my living room/kitchen/hallway with a lovely, durable cherry-looking laminate. Looks great and SO much easier to clean. Carpet is icky.


2. Charlotte's spring weather has been unbelievably nice.  But now the bugs are here and Southern bugs drive me nuts. I've cleaned every inch of my condo and still I have a new crop of tiny flying buts (gnats? fruit flies?) to contend with daily. It's becoming an obsession - the rolled up magazine is always nearby and I'm very, very good and smashing these little guys between my bare hands. Don't even get me started on the crawling bugs that somehow get into my place. And slugs! These small little black slugs keep popping up in my bedroom. I'm shivering in disgust as I write this and praying fervently that the bugs will die off as the weather gets hotter.  Please, oh please.

3. A new season of The Bachelorette is on and the first few episodes take place in Charlotte, so I'm already watching it religiously for the sake of local pride. You should too - so you can see what my town looks like! It's full of hunky guys who sit around giant mansions all day drinking and dreaming of little blonde women who will take them on dates to exotic islands. Reality TV is the real deal, folks!

4. My high school class is having its 20-year reunion this summer. I won't be able to go, but I feel like the reunion is well underway with everyone posting high school pictures on Facebook. Horrifying on many levels . . . not the least of which is the fact that my hair is every bit as ridiculous-looking today as it was in 1992. I was promised (by the wise world) that bad hair was simply an adolescent phase!

5. For an excellent speller with a larger-than-average vocabulary, I am terrible at Words With Friends. That's a very addicting version of Scrabble you can play with your friends on phones and tablets. I recently got a fun little tablet and entered the Words With Friends universe expecting to thoroughly wallop any and all opponents based on my track record with word board games. But for some reason, I can't seem to beat ANYONE at Words With Friends. People are beating me with 54 point words with Q and Z and X that I've never heard of, never heard used in any context or seen in any book or newspaper. I'm beginning to think there's a secret cheaters app for Words With Friends I've not learned about yet. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great picture of a warm welcoming beautiful room! Love it. You could have some bug spray people come and spray your interior or just get a can of flying insect killer. Kind of weird about the slugs. Must be access hole somewhere on the floor.
love you