Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Ringing in my ears


A couple of massage therapists came to the office yesterday offering short little sessions in a chair. I signed up, though I'm not usually a fan of massages that last less than an hour and don't let me lie on a table.

These ladies weren't just doing the regular knead-and-rub back massage. They use sound vibrations to realign your energy points (I'm not saying this right but I can't remember the actual terms they used.)
Essentially it entails one person massaging your back, arms and neck while the other waves tuning forks around your ears and occasionally presses them into your shoulders and neck so you can feel the gentle vibrations thrum through your body.

I can't say that the tuning forks made the massage any more healing. But I did notice that I went into that "empty zone" much faster during the massage. There was so much going on with the muscle kneading and the tuning forks moving around my body that I lost track of what was happening and just let go of everything for a few minutes.

Normally it takes me a long time during a regular massage or yoga session to get to that spot. For that reason alone, I'd be willing to try tuning fork massage again.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

That sounds so nice

Annie said...

Did you get to that "spot" when we were getting those massages at the buddhist temple in Bangkok? I didn't. :)