Saturday, April 3, 2010

I love you, Dad!


My Dad turns 62 today, which I find kind of strange because I have such vivid memories of my grandparents turning 60. In my head, they're still that age, which would make my dad 40 something and me a teenager. I still feel like a teenager, too. Age is a strange thing, isn't it?
One of my favorite things of late is to check my email and find some sort of message from Dad. He'll randomly check my work website and send outsized praise for my genius and skill. He's totally biased, but it always makes me feel good. It's because of his steady encouragement throughout my life that I believe there's nothing I can't accomplish with a little hard work and support of those who love me.
That's the other thing his emails always say: "Remember who loves you."
And thanks to Dad, I always do.

No comments: