Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Ready for Santa Claus

I couldn't bear to see my perfectly good fireplace go unadorned for the holidays. I also couldn't bear to go out and buy a tree, lights, decorations and other stuff I don't have room to store once Christmas is over. So this'll have to do.



My stocking doubles as a nativity (it has an embroidered scene on it). The star garland and little lanterns (from a trip to Thailand) are old standbys and the random tree ornaments I've been given through the years are hanging from the prongs of the mirror.

Good thing I don't believe in Santa, because if he saw this pathetic nod to the season, I bet he'd try to reverse directions in the chimney. And I bet he'd get stuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's more interior holiday decor then I have! Outside lights will have to do for m holiday effort this year.

Jamie said...

Wow you are on top of it this year! I still have they "Halloween" wreath on the front door.