Sunday, December 13, 2009

It's beginning to feel a little like Christmas


Once you've seen the lights on Temple Square in Salt Lake City, nothing else much compares. However, I gave the botanical garden a shot this weekend and it turned out to be pretty fun, though a bit cheesy. This part of the garden felt like Smurf Village with over-sized tulips and hummingbirds made of bright-colored lights. They're not much for the natural look, I guess. The fact that is was 30 degrees helped make it feel Christmasy, too, I suppose. In the lobby they had a 16-foot tree made out of orchids and ferns, which was pretty unusual. And there was another room dedicated to model trains with all the tiny little details (scout camps, moonshiners, 1950s-era trailer parks, fishing holes, etc) that make model train set-ups so fun. We used to go see a model train setup just like that in the garage of my grandparents' neighbor when we would visit for Christmas, so to see one at the gardens made it feel all the more like the holidays.

Ho, ho, ho!

No comments: