President Richard Nixon resigned four days before I was born.
I learned this from watching the movie Frost/Nixon tonight, because during all my years in school I gleaned just enough to pass the test, and then forgot.
Thanks to Hollywood, I won't spend another 34 years ignorant to some of America's greatest dramas. McCarthey, Murrow, Milk . . . I've learned way more from watching movies in the last few years than I ever did in school. Pathetic, I know. And, yes, I realize movies are often even more biased than the liberal media aka N-P-R.
I could go and read some of the history books. But that would mean less time watching The Bachelor, House, Bones, The Mentalist, The Unit and . . . and why bother when I know the interesting stuff will end up at the cineplex where I can soak in the thrills without getting popcorn grease on the pages?
No comments:
Post a Comment