The french horn player from the symphony is also an amazing tenor and he finished the night with Nessun Dorma in honor of the great Pavarotti.
My friend Becky from church came along for the night.
The Provo Symphony used to play in the park on Sunday nights, too. They mostly did marches and the conductor would come down from the stand during the Sousa March to lead all the kids (there were oodles, since it was Provo in the 80s) in a marching conga line around the park. I have a hard time sitting through a symphony performance in a concert hall. But bring the music outside, and I'm entranced.
Can't wait for next Sunday!
3 comments:
Ooooh I LOVE Nessun Dorma! That sounds like so much fun!
Your friend Becky looks very familiar. Is she from the Bay Area? I think that we were in the University (Berkeley) ward together.
I love the Symphony however seeing it in the park is sooo much better. Something about a none stuffy place makes the music magical.
Oh I miss that SO much! Afterwards, we'd head over to The Cheesecake Factory at South Park mall for dessert. Oh I miss Charlotte. But how I do NOT miss the "heat index."
Post a Comment