Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Too Legit to Quit

The DMV lady snatched my Utah license before I could bid it proper farewell. Government bureaucrats aren't too sentimental, I guess. I've been putting off get an NC license because of the waiting in line and written test required. But now that my car registration is about to expire, I need an NC license to register it.

So the fire was lit and I dragged myself out of bed bright and early after a very late night working on the election. I even combed my hair, knowing the picture they were going to take would be with me for a good long time. I had to show 12 forms of ID and proof of residency - rather excessive, but whatever. And thanks to a very helpful blogger who posted a study guide of facts to remember, I passed the driving test handily.


Does this make me a North Carolinian, now? Hope so, because I don't think the DMV will give back my Utah license, no matter how sweetly I ask.

No comments: