Sunday, March 11, 2012

A funny thing happened at the salon

I went for a quick trim this week to my usual gal and her hair looked so amazing I couldn't get over it. I kept asking - how did you get it to curl like that? What product did you use? She was kind of evasive but I wouldn't let up (a. I'm trained to probe for answers and b. I wanted to see if I could get my hair to look even remotely like hers - it really was fantastic.)


When she realized I wasn't going to stop asking, she finally just shrugged and said "Girl, this is a wig."


You know how they always say you should only get your hair cut by someone who has a great hairstyle? By that mantra, it simply can't be good when your stylist is wearing a wig.


I choked on my words for a minute when she told me, and then asked "Where can I get one?"


For clarification, my hair stylist is African American and I think I might be her only white client. . . I've certainly never seen another when I go for my trims. A lot of black women I know use wigs on occasion to mix up their look. I've always loved wigs, as you can see from the following pictures. It never occured to me that I could wear one outside of dress-up and Halloween.


I've been trying to hard to grow out my hair and embrace the curls. Maybe a good wig is the answer?












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad idea. Wigs are definitely better looking and better made these days so it would definitely be an option. Like wearing a hat is, or whatever!

Annie said...

Oh fun! I still think that blond bob is the best look on you!