Sunday, May 2, 2010

Somebody thinks I'm spectacular

After a super-long work week I came home to this letter in my mailbox. Email has really sucked the soul out of interpersonal communication. Getting a letter lights me up like no email or text message ever does. And to get this one from my nephew Colby (he's 7) was a huge highlight.

Around that big happy-faced heart are the following declarations (all spelled perfectly, a boy after my own heart):

You are so nice to me. You give me candy and dollars and toys.
I love you. You're nice.
You're cool. You're awesome.
You're smart. You're fast.
You're spectacular.
You're strong.
You're good at science. You're good at math.

I think toward the end there it gets a little autobiographical because Colby's good at math and science, but I'm definitely not.

And fast? Only if you consider a 10-minute mile while wheezing and whining all the way fast.

Notwithstanding, he got the most important part right: I am spectacular! And so is Colbster.



2 comments:

Storm'n Normans said...

We LOVE Aunt Julie! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Colb got it all RIGHT!
Loved the Lehrer reminder as well!!