Flying really puts things in perspective
No, I didn't have a near-death experience on a plane. But I flew on planes with two people who thought they would - and had panick attacks to prove it. All sorts of drama getting to Utah. But coming home was where the real perspective-putting happened. I flew Continental, which I apparently don't do very often because I was SHOCKED when they served breakfast on a 2-hour flight. Cereal, milk and a banana never looked so good. On the next leg it was a little sandwich on a dinner roll, some M&Ms and carrots. Pretty paltry as meals go, but I'm so used to bringing my own peanuts and having to BEG for a sip of water I swore right then and there to fly Continental as often as possible. Not too, often, though because no amount of free cereal and sandwiches can make up for the sheer nightmare of connecting flights required to get from Charlotte to SLC.While in Utah, I made the most of it, though. My friend's play had a spectacular debut. And as you can see from the photos below, I spent some quality time with family. Mostly eating and shopping at the mall. And a birthday party complete with pinata that doubled as a headdress for the birthday girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment