Friday, February 19, 2010

Sad so-long

Today was the final workday for one of my coworkers who's moving overseas to do what I've fantasized about for a long time. We saw her off with a low-budget potluck lunch because money's a bit tight at the office. Normally we'd get a cheap grocery store sheetcake with that super sweet, slimy frosting my mother *loves* so much she 's been known to buy an entire cake on a whim when she gets the craving.

But my coworker has some crazy allergies that basically make her diet vegan and try as I might, I could NOT find a vegan cake - even at the fancy pants organic store. Panicked, I was wandering around the grocery store trying to figure out what to bring, when I remembered she can eat Oreos. Ironically, they 100% artificial, hydrogenated, no dairy or eggs nature of Oreos fits perfectly in her vegan diet.

Add some frosting (no milk!), sprinkles and a bow for decoration:



Doesn't look like much, but it was a big hit! Let me know if you want the recipe. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So lovely! Donut cakes would be another big fav or mine! Speaking of traveling, I have a bug to go to Morroco. It was a favorite spot of Winston the Churchill! Sound fun>

Barowdwngs said...

Yep. I don't like to point out to the world that "I told you so" but I always knew that my Oreo diet was healthy... sort of.