Apart from running the 8K Turkey Trot and making a couple of not-so-great-looking pies on Thanksgiving, I've done nothing but watch TV and read for the last three days. . . not that there's anything wrong with that.
But today I thought return to productivity again, so I've invited the sister missionaries and my friend Marci over for dinner (my table only seats 4). Marci suggested a roast and mashed potatoes, but I only like my mom's roast. So I opted for something more ethnic, as usual.
I'm making Thai curry (no fish sauce, Mom!) and jasmine rice with a fresh green salad tossed with red peppers, carrots, snow peas, cucumbers and crispy wonton chips in a homemade peanut-lime vinaigrette. We'll have a few more crispy wonton chips on the side with spicy apricot dipping sauce.
And for dessert, a harvest apple-pear tarte with crumbles on top and fresh whipped cream.
Photos later!
No comments:
Post a Comment