
I think I'm gonna pay full price ($12!) to see the new Stark Trek in the theater tonight. I haven't done that in so long, but I'm weirdly excited about this film.
I'm hardly a trekkie - though my all-time best Halloween costume was a lady borg from one of the Star Trek spinoffs. Never watched the show, though . . . wasn't interested in any of the next generation stuff. It was all about the original series - Shatner, Nimoy and co - when I was a kid. By the time I arrived on the planet, Star Trek was already in reruns, but man it was new to us every night at 5 in the summertime. I remember Mom having to pry us away from the TV for dinner.
Now I'm reading these intellectual reports about how Star Trek is a metaphor for Utopia and broke all these race barriers and so on. I had no idea. I just thought it was fun watching and from all the buzz, I bet the movie is too. But is it worth paying full price? I'll let you know!
2 comments:
I am going too. So excited.
$12!!! Wow and I thought $11 was bad, but that is just the east side of the bridge it is $15 in San Francisco. When did movie prices get so ugly? That is why I wait for it to come out on DVD.
LOVED IT!!! Said in a sing songy voice with inflection.
Post a Comment