Monday, July 26, 2010

Better?

See how my hair was fading to blonde toward the ends? And the gray was becoming more visible? The photo doesn't do it justice, but in person I felt like I had a golden halo that made me look like I'd bleached my hair and my roots were showing. Very surfer-girl, but not really my thing. I tried to hang with it, but finally gave up this weekend and bought a box of "medium auburn brown" at the drug store.


"Medium" always turns out darker than I expect, but I can't seem to learn my lesson. It's a lovely color - reddish burgundy - but a bit darker than I wanted. I was going for more of my natural brown. I guess next time I'll need to pick the "light brown" option on the box. I never thought of myself as a light brunette, but I think maybe I've been wrong all these years. I'm certainly not one now!

I'm not sure if it's better, but what's done is done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing is permanent! Looks good from here!

Jamie said...

Don't worry brown fades and quickly. You will be at the color you want in no time...believe me!

Storm'n Normans said...

I think it is great! I love new hair colors and the darker the better in my opinion! Love it!

Annie said...

Love it! Good job keeping it brown. They turn my hair black often, so you did a great job! I love the color.

jen said...

I like it! I really like it!